jenncurran

I didn’t include my SSA-1099 on my tax return. Am I going to need to file an amended return?

I e-filed today and realized that I didn’t add the amounts I received from SSDI. Need to update information 

MichaelL1

First you need to wait until the original return is processed and you get your refund.  

Once you get your refund you will know that IRS has finished processing it and then you will ge back in and do the amended return adding the SSA-1099 (and anything else that may have been missed).

Note:  An amended return has to be paper filed.  Also the amended returns for 2017 will not be available until around mid-February 2018. 

jenncurran

I just looked my return over and thankfully it is there. I was concerned because the Turbo App wasn’t including it in my income (which makes sense) Thank you Michael for your quick response. I appreciate it!
MichaelL1

Great news!