turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn’t include my SSA-1099 on my tax return. Am I going to need to file an amended return?

I e-filed today and realized that I didn’t add the amounts I received from SSDI. Need to update information 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I didn’t include my SSA-1099 on my tax return. Am I going to need to file an amended return?

First you need to wait until the original return is processed and you get your refund.  

Once you get your refund you will know that IRS has finished processing it and then you will ge back in and do the amended return adding the SSA-1099 (and anything else that may have been missed).

Note:  An amended return has to be paper filed.  Also the amended returns for 2017 will not be available until around mid-February 2018. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

I just looked my return over and thankfully it is there. I was concerned because the Turbo App wasn’t including it in my income (which makes sense) Thank you Michael for your quick response. I appreciate it!

Great news!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies