dewriddy

I did the stimulus file, but it did not ask me for my direct deposit information. How is the it's going to know where to send my stimulus payment?

The IRS does not have my direct deposit info, because I do not file taxes.

If you choose the option on the right ...  then you only had to enter your name, address and dependents in the MY INFO tab then complete the FILE tab to submit the "SIMPLE" return ... in step 2 you  had 2 options ... DD or mailed check ... not sure how you could have missed that step ...

stimulus filing 1.jpg

NOW ... if you had already started your return and you used the option on the left above ... and you had no refund then the DD option would not be given .... so now you must wait for the IRS to open the "PORTAL" they promised to be able to update your DD info if possible ...

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Patience will be needed while hard working folks are trying their best to develop and implement  this distribution DURING a tax season AND a pandemic.  

Here  is the plan Treasury Secretary Mnuchin announced last week for a time frame on check distributions:

Direct Deposit - figure between April 9 - 14; if you did not file but receive Social Security, figure direct deposit by the end of April

Checks - they will begin the week of April 24 processing in 'income order'.  So those with incomes under $10,000 will be processed the week of April 24, those with incomes under $20,000 the week of May 1, etc. 

dewriddy

Thank you, I was just concerned because I only get SSI income. 

@dewriddy wrote:

If you receive Social Security benefits, see this US Treasury website - https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967