I did not receive my full state refund - after my return was accepted, it’s $655 short - how do I find out why?

TurboTax does not receive any information from your state about changes they make to your return, so no one here will be able to tell you what made your state reduce your refund.  When the state reduces your refund, you will get a letter from them in the next several weeks explaining why.  Or if you want to call them:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670-how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue