turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

densenjim

I checked the IRS web site ti see about the status of my return. it said they did not receive them. You guys submitted them! Right?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I checked the IRS web site ti see about the status of my return. it said they did not receive them. You guys submitted them! Right?

Us guys nor TurboTax can submit your return.  If you e-filed you needed to go all the way to the end & click on Transmit Return Now.   If you e-filed you can check your e-file status, it will state whether your return was accepted, rejected, or not return filed.

How do I check my e-file status?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

If you mailed in your return:

The IRS is not processing mailed in returns right now.  The following is from the IRS:

The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed  once processing centers are able to reopen. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Does the TurboTax email you received indicate that the federal tax return was Accepted by the IRS?

What is the status of your tax return?

Sign onto your TurboTax online account and the status of the tax return will be displayed - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Us guys nor TurboTax can submit your return.  If you e-filed you needed to go all the way to the end & click on Transmit Return Now.   If you e-filed you can check your e-file status, it will state whether your return was accepted, rejected, or not return filed.

How do I check my e-file status?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

If you mailed in your return:

The IRS is not processing mailed in returns right now.  The following is from the IRS:

The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed  once processing centers are able to reopen. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies