turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

Same here, my return was accepted January 30th.  As of today it is still showing the processing status above....

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

@Prosperity1 I'm not worried either as I have filed everything correctly. Some people who have filed EIC have gotten their refunds, but many have not. It isn't because of shut down it has to do with PATH ACT. However, long term "reviewing" is what has me upset. We still have to pay TT for filing our returns and have no way to get any real or solid answers for our delay. From what I've read it may take many more months. It's just frustrating.

So, I just received  a letter from Irs saying that they are working on my account and that they need an additional 60 days to send a Complete response on what action they are taking on my account... then have another letter saying they are holding our return til they finish reviewing it...  so glad we aren't in need for our taxes like we normally do or i would be a worried mess right about now..

Yup. I got both the 45 days letter and the 60 days letter. And those days are from the date of the letter. Not the date of your submitted return.

@debskain - The government shutdown lasted long-enough that all of the work was back-logged.  So, while waiting for tax returns to arrive, other work that would have been done in the early months of this year was not done.  And yes, it also has to do with the PATH ACT and verifying what employers report on W2s for income vs. what was reported on the tax return.  Big tax credits require review.  I'm fine with waiting, but geeze!

Just by researching this issue and because it's happening to me, this same thing happened last year and there was no shut down to blame it on. Lits of people last year did not get their refunds until after May and into the summer.
I'm not fine with waiting, but then again we have no choice do we?

**Lots**  😉
TheC

Same here. Filled and accepted March 4th on march 24th my bars disappeared and got the still processing message. Called IRS March 30th, they informed me that no letter has been sent and that there are mo flags in our account however we where randomly selected for review.  Our info has been the same for the last 5 years asode from us moving this past November.  This waiting game with little to no answers is frustrating  

Yup, I filed feb 27th , still says being processed. Then I got a message saying they were going to take the tax filing fee out of my actual bank account because I haven't gotten my taxes yet, had to call and fix that.
TheC

@briankipp27 so did TT agreed to wait to take the fee out of your taxes?

@TheC yes they did! Thank god because I got rent coming up, they can't just take money out , out og no where, I even wrote while filing to take it out of taxes, and because its been so long and I haven't gotten taxes yet, they tried to say they were goin to take it out of my bank account uhm I think not.
TheC

@briankipp27 pp27 Oh I will have to call them then, I got the email about 3 days ago saying they will take it by May 6 and I am freaking out about it because we have other bills coming out that same week. I have talked to the irs and they are not very helpful....

@TheC just call the number on that email and explain to them you haven't gotten taxes yet, and you have bills to pay and won't have the money in your bank. They want their money, but we haven't got all of ours either! So they can wait too
TheC

Will do then! Exactly they want their cut but we are still waiting. This whole situation has put our family in such a vad bad situation. I know we shouldn't count on our refunds however we just had a huge move and used our savings for it... so we where looking forward to getting back on track @briankipp27

Too of the day to all. I have some information about the tax delay. I did some research  and found out the IRS reviewing all taxes who claim children on their taxes. This is to help us from fraudulent use of taxes. If your in a review you have to wait up to 45 days but this don't mean it will take 45 days. So a little more waiti know we all would like to have our tax money in hand but this is what the IRS IS DOING SO . By the way my ddd would have been May 6 2019, but after this date my 45 days began
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies