turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

Anybody get any updates?
kwentonw

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

Nothing yet. I’ll see in the next couple days
samdub41

@rachelcox7985 I verified same day have you had any change
bitchyone

mine says still processing and i verified on february 21st

I hope we all can get some information soon because this is ridiculous.
bitchyone

i called them and was told give it intil the end of april and if i dont hear anything call back and they will see what is holding it up
pjc124

Filed and accepted: 2/19
5071c Letter: 3/15
Verified: 3/18
Today 3/29: no update on refund

From other threads I’ve read on this issue is that it takes most people about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks to get their refund AFTER verfiying. The IRS updates their online once a week. Now Most people should receive their refund the first week of April. If not I’d call the IRS or opt to call a tax advocate if not revived by the 5th (4/5/19)

Will update once I get my return or have any other info

Filed 1/28/19
ID Verified 2/27/19
Still no update!
Last year I had to verify and I got my return the following week
kwentonw

Same thing happened to me last year miriamm. Not sure what’s going on this year.
bitchyone

has anyone gotten their checks after verifying their id when i check the site it still says its in processing i filed my taxes february 3 and verified my id february 21

You could try and get a tax advocate to help you.
kwentonw

Nothing at all

Nothing here either, got a letter saying they need to verify my return and nothing needs to be done on my end but wait...ugh
bitchyone

i dont know why it should take long for direct deposit if you filed electronically and the place i had do my taxes just keeps telling me to call the irs  and when you call the irs they tell you to wait until the end of april and if you dont get to call back and they will see what is the hold up and when you check the refund status it just says its in processing
kwentonw

I'm not sure either. I verified on the 25th of February. Haven't received a letter or anything.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies