javierdeleon_

I barely filed my 2016 tax forms today, but turbo tax cant recognize they are from 2016. should i wait and file my 2016 and 2017 refund tax forms at the same time?

No!  Online is only good for 2017 now.  You have to file each year separately.  You can only efile the current year 2017 return.  You have to print and mail prior year returns.

Online is only good for the current year 2017 so you have to buy the Desktop CD/Download program here https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/ 

Or you can get the blank forms from the IRS and do them by hand. Either way you will have to print and mail prior year returns. And send each year in a separate envelope so the IRS doesn't miss any. 

javierdeleon_

And will the desktop download will give the right form for me to mail ??? i know at certain degree the the form that i need is 540 form

Yes.  The 540 is the California state return.  All the desktop  downloads will have the same forms.  You get more help in the higher versions.