Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

I chose the refund advance option and I was pre-qualified, but when I went to actually file I kept getting an error saying something had changed and I had to change my refund method so I was advised to change it to the credit karma card option, but when I filed, the paperwork included my advance application, but I have receieve no confirmation or any info from turbo tax or credit karma regarding the advance. My return is already accepted.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Angiej302
Returning Member

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

I’m not sure who advised you to change your option but I was getting that same error so I had to log then log back in and the go to the next step to file when I logged back in and it let me submit but if you change the option to the first option credit krama card then your not going to receive the advance. When you log in it will give you the refund advance message at the bottom under where it show your refund amount. You would also received an email stating that you applied and pre qualified for the advance  

View solution in original post

339 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Per the Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program, you will not receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the loan until after you file your taxes. Per the IRS website, the IRS will not start accepting or processing returns for the 2021 tax season until January 24. 2022.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Per my original message, I have already filed and been accepted. Please answer based on the correct info. Thanks.

No advances will be issued until AFTER the IRS (not TT) accepts your efilign for processing.  This doesn't start until Jan 24.

My return has been accepted from the IRS NOT just turbo tax. I can post the email proof if you would like. Again, can you PLEASE answer based on the info I am providing and not your assumptions, or let somebody who CAN answer my questions answer? 

Sorry, I thought this was the same person replying back as that’s what it looked like in my notifications. My refund has been accepted from the IRS. I’m not sure if I was apart of the test batch or not, but every other year I have at least gotten an email confirmation or some kind of info and this year I have record no info whatsoever. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

When you check the e-file status of your return in TurboTax does it show the status as accepted?

How do I check my e-file status?

If your e-file status in TurboTax confirms that your return has been accepted, you will need to reach out to Credit Karma to determine the status of your Refund Advance. You can contact them via their Contact Us link for assistance. Although TurboTax and Credit Karma are both a part of Intuit, they are separate products. Please see  Is Credit Karma a part of TurboTax? for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Angiej302
Returning Member

I’m not sure who advised you to change your option but I was getting that same error so I had to log then log back in and the go to the next step to file when I logged back in and it let me submit but if you change the option to the first option credit krama card then your not going to receive the advance. When you log in it will give you the refund advance message at the bottom under where it show your refund amount. You would also received an email stating that you applied and pre qualified for the advance  

Thank you so much! Your answer was exactly what I needed to know!

Elin075

I'm having the same problem.  I've tried logging out & logging back in and it still does this. Anyone know if there's a trick to it or who I can contact to fix it? It all works except it says I need to change my refund method.  Thanks in advance! 

I am also having a problem with receiving my advance.  I did not have any issue when filing stating I needed to choose another option since I chose the credit karma card right away.  If I remember correctly the only way to get the advance was to open the credit karma card so I'm not sure what the other person is talking about saying you won't get it if you choose credit karma.  I also had my return ACCEPTED by the IRS prior to the 24th.  Mine was ACCEPTED on the 21st at 545 pm.  which has been confusing because I keep reading they won't start accepting them until the 24th which is obviously not the case.  I reached out to Credit Karma via email and was told that I had to talk to TurboTax.  I called TurboTax and spoke with a very nice lady who tried her best to help but she said she had no way of seeing if I was approved for the advance, how much I was approved for, if it was sent, or anything related to it.  The fact that neither Credit Karma not TurboTax can tell me what is going on makes me think that this whole program is a joke!  The website claims that 41% of people receive the advance within one hour and 99% within a day.  It has been 4 days since mine was accepted!  Even if I went by the whole IRS not accepting returns until the 24th, it has still been over 24 hours since then so I should have had the deposit or at least received some type of notification by now.  This is absolutely ridiculous! It also appears that none of the employees responding to this post have any idea what is going on either.  If there happens to be an employee who actually knows how this program works I would love to hear from them! 

CNobles79

I'm also having the same problem. My return was accepted on the 21st around 5:30-5:45pm. I have called TurboTax and Credit Karma countless times and no one can give me an answer! This is completely ridiculous and I personally think it's false advertisement! I believe I speak for everyone when I say that we need answers NOW!

I get the feeling nobody has gotten their advance yet!  And yes we want answers!  I could have gone with any other tax preparer and gotten an advance and had it when I was supposed to have it!  This is the second huge screw up with TurboTax in the past few years.  There was also a huge screw up involving the first stimulus check for people who used TurboTax to file their taxes.  We had to wait way longer than everyone else to get our money.  I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't doing it on purpose and holding all the money in accounts for a few days to make money of the interest and then stating that it was a mistake.... I expect compensation for the screw up.  I will be asking for my fees for having my taxes done to be repaid because this is nonsense!

I was accepted on the 24th and still nothing about the advance other than it hasn’t been approved; I was prequalified though…..

I'm no help but glad to see I am not alone. I was accepted on the 24th and pre-qualified. Turbo tax told me today that all they could see is that the IRS has not approved the advance yet so it's still pending. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies