I amended them on turbo tax they say I owe the IRS ?how is this possible? will the IRS fix it if I send the paperwork in that TurboTax told me to send in? I have E.I.T.C

I never received my 2018 taxes so I amended them . TurboTax is saying I owe the I.R.S because they assume I received my refund .I sent in the 1040x form TurboTax will the IRS fix it and send my return that's owed to me 

you should not have sent in an amended return until the original was processed and you received your refund.   not having received your original refund, are you sure the IRS got it.     no one can say what the IRS will do with the amended return. 

you can check to see if IRS got original return my checking refund status at IRS website.  Find nothing for refund, try either the view my account or  get your tax record

you could also try calling 800-829-1040   select language then option 2 listen to further prompts to get to live agent. 

I was  told by the IRS to amend my return that's why I did it ..I never received my original refund