happy4599

I amended my federal taxes and I am to receive a refund, but it has not arrived. How long does it take to get a refund from an amended federal?

I put in a wrong code and paid what it said I owed.  I realized my error and amended my return.  It was accepted and am waiting on my refund.  How long should I expect this to take?  I submitted the amended return as soon as it opened.
Bsch4477

Amended returns can take 6 months or more to process. 

The amended return will not be processed until the original return has processed AND it could then take 6 months or more so just be patient. 

In the future never file the return until you review  the entire return for errors, sleep on it at least 1 night and then do another complete review so you can avoid the situation you find yourself in ... there would be a lot fewer amended returns if everyone would just take a moment before they file.