Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rad2day

I amended my AZ State Tax Return, and there was no impact to my Federal. Do I still need to send the Federal to IRS?

I amended my 2017 AZ State Tax return (Form 140 on Line 31 to use the Standard Deduction of 10, 336 in lieu of the Lower Itemized of 7,911 that was originally submitted) and when I printed the amendment it printed a amended Federal and AZ State Tax Return, but there was no impact to the Federal Tax Return. Do I need to send the amended Federal Tax return to the IRS, or just the Amended AZ State Tax return? Also, does the Amended Federal need to be included with the AZ State Tax Return? The printed instructions did not clarify.

Thank you for your help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I amended my AZ State Tax Return, and there was no impact to my Federal. Do I still need to send the Federal to IRS?

If there is no change to the federal then there is no need to amend the federal or to mail the federal return to the IRS or the state.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If there is no change to the federal then there is no need to amend the federal or to mail the federal return to the IRS or the state.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies