kcostales

I am waiting for stimulus money and the turbo tax card that I have on file

Is active . But now the app for the card  is not showing any info
Irene2805

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account. These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards. However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018. If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know:

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do. If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.
  • I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly. We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

For questions about the card, please see these articles:

shanella30

The statement above is incorrect. I am a turbo visa card holder. I have filed and received my refund from both 2018 and 2019 taxes on my turbo tax card. Today 4/15/2020 I open the app to see there is NO stimulus deposited to my card. I went on to the IRS website to check my stimulus payment just to find out they do not have direct deposit information on file to distribute my stimulus. This is my last year using turbo tax. Once my deposit is posted I'm done using the card or the app. This could have easily been avoided if they would have let people know to change their information before the government started issuing stimulus payment. This is unacceptable on all levels for me.  Don't believe nothing that comes from Turbo Tax........