Solved: I am trying to find out how to get a hold of the irs to talk to a person. I still have not gotten my federal return back and they said after 8 weeks to contact them

rebekah_rose1957

I am trying to find out how to get a hold of the irs to talk to a person. I still have not gotten my federal return back and they said after 8 weeks to contact them

Lisa995

I have these instructions saved from a prior year, the prompts may have changed, but you should get the general idea of how to work the telephone tree to get to a human.....don't choose Refund information, it will just take you to automated refund info and you already have that from the website.

Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 weekdays from 7am to 7pm local time.

At the first prompt press 1 for English.

At the next menu press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.

At the next menu press 1 for questions about a form you have already submitted, your tax history, or payment.

At the next menu press 4 for all other questions about your tax history or payment.

At the next menu press 2 for all other questions about your tax history or payment.

There will be a brief pause. When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything. After it asks twice, you will get another menu. Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It will then put you in the queue for a live agent, and tell you the estimated wait time.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Lisa995

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪