Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

myemp1re
Returning Member

I am trying to access my 2017 return and i have deluxe yet it is not allowing me to view and print my 2017 return!!! I have deluxe! What is the problem? Heeeelp!!!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am trying to access my 2017 return and i have deluxe yet it is not allowing me to view and print my 2017 return!!! I have deluxe! What is the problem? Heeeelp!!!

It is the paying that actually unlocks the prior returns.   Please answer all questions:

1.  Are you using Deluxe in Online TurboTax or do you have 2018 desktop software (CD/download)?    If Online Deluxe, have you paid for it?  (see question 4 below)
  2.  Is access to the 2017 return locked, and it's asking you to pay to download/print?
  3. Are the 2017 and 2018 returns in the same acount?  
  4. In the 2018 return if you want Online Deluxe, have you paid the 59.99 by credit/debit card?  We can tell you all the steps to pay.
  5. Are you wanting/needing Deluxe because of situations in your 2018 return, or did you try to upgrade a Free Edition return to PLUS and upgraded too far?
  6. Has your 2018 online TurboTax return already been filed, or is it still in preparation?

Once you answer those questions, we can tell you how to finish unlocking your 2017 online return.

myemp1re
Returning Member

I have deluxe. My 2017 and 2018 is in the same account. 2018 is still in preparation. I need to access my 2017 for a FAFSA application I submit as soon as possible. I can't afford to pay anything right now! OMG What can I do???

myemp1re
Returning Member

Online platform. Yes it's asking me to pay. I have deluxe. 

If you try to pay for Deluxe now, it will be at least 59.99

Since you haven't filed 2018,  you can downgrade it to Free Edition using "clear and start over", then upgrade to PLUS for 19.99.

I'll tell you all the steps if that's what you want to do.

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies