Solved: I am missing a w-2 from a company at which I only ...

I am missing a w-2 from a company at which I only made $900. We have everything else in order and are in desperate need for our tax return. The company said we would not receive our w-2 for another 21

There a couple things you can do.  One is you can file your return, then when you get your missing W-2 you can amend your return to file the W-2.  The thing about that is the IRS gets copies of all W-2's so they might send you a letter asking for the missing information before they finish processing your return.  Also, amended returns must be mailed & they can take up to 16 weeks to be processed.

The other thing you can do, is follow the steps below:

What if it's February but I still don't have my W-2?

If it's early in the month, sit tight. Employers have until January 31 to mail out W-2s, which means your W-2 should arrive any day now.

While you're waiting, here's some things you can do:

• Ask your employer when they mailed out their W-2s.
  • Did your employer mail your W-2 to an old address? If so, ask them to re-send it to the new one.
  • See if you can import your W-2.

If you haven't received your W-2 by February 14, it's time to take action:

1. Grab your last 2019 pay stub and call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
  2. The IRS will ask you for some info before following up with your employer.
  3. After notifying the IRS, you can either continue waiting for your W-2 or paper-file your return using Form 4852 and your last pay stub.

• See if you can import your W-2.