Solved: I am filing injured spouse. I filled in the form and the turbo tax questions that follow. However no combination of answers shows I qualify. What am I missing?

I am filing injured spouse. I filled in the form and the turbo tax questions that follow. However no combination of answers shows I qualify. What am I missing?

The software asks if I reported my own federal tax withheld.  Well yes because its a joint return but it says I don't qualify.  How?  Its her student loans taking what is my return.  I tried every possibly combination of answer to that question and its sub questions, just to see what conditions qualified me, and none of it worked.  What gives.  We are happily married, she hasn't worked for 2 years due to a heart condition.  Her student loans want to take out tax return, I need it to make ends meet.  Help!

See the Form 8379 below. Possible reasons might be that:

• You are in a community property state
  • You are the Injured Spouse, not your wife
  • You must mark that you are not legally obligated to pay the past due amount
  • If you are the only one working, all income (Line 13) is allocated to you, not the other spouse
  • Indicate joint return
  • Yes, the IRS will use the joint overpayment

• You are in a community property state
  • Indicate joint return