Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toconnell5

I am filing a joint tax return for the first time, why did it not ask for any previous year info for my spouse

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Melaine

I am filing a joint tax return for the first time, why did it not ask for any previous year info for my spouse

If you are using your account the program may not ask for other information if you changed from married filing separately or single to married filing jointly.  The program will think it is a new marriage and that you do not have prior information on them.  Once you add their information as spouse and then their wages etc, that is all you should need.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Melaine

If you are using your account the program may not ask for other information if you changed from married filing separately or single to married filing jointly.  The program will think it is a new marriage and that you do not have prior information on them.  Once you add their information as spouse and then their wages etc, that is all you should need.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.63m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v