Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

I am a resident of WI but worked in MN. I need to fill out Schedule OS. The info was not automatically filled in for Calculation of Credit. How do I get these figures?

It explains why MN doesn't show up on your WI Sch OS.  Since you had 18 withheld, and a refund of 18, your MN net tax is zero, regardless of the actual income amounts.  So it sounds like your Form calculated correctly.  I know you've been confused, but I hope I've been able to help you understand somewhat what you're seeing.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am a resident of WI but worked in MN. I need to fill out Schedule OS. The info was not automatically filled in for Calculation of Credit. How do I get these figures?

MN states that a non-resident is not required to pay tax if gross is less than $10,400 or similar.  I made less than $4000!  WTH?  And also whenever I try to fill out MN it asks for Stillborn Child info.  I didn’t have a stillborn child!  I think this program is flawed.

Wait!  Did I just answer my own question?  Is MN not showing up because I am not required by law to file a MN state return due to making less than 10,400?  It does state I should still file if taxes were withheld.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/individ_income/Pages/Who_Must_File_a_Minnesota_Individual...>

BTW THANK YOU for all of your help w this stuff! 🙂

You’ve been very helpful.  So I guess I am done and can file.  Wow, I made $26,000, barely enough to live on yet the government is taking $6000 of that.  I owe both Federal and WI (MT owes almost the exact amt I owe WI.). Damn, and to think I used to have a career and made real money!  How have I been able to sustain myself on a fourth of what I used to earn?

I have done just that but I keep getting errors when I do the error check, says Credit from Sch OS should not be entered directly on form 1NPR, Page 3 for electronically filing.  You must complete schedule OS. I have completed it, been deleted and tried to reenter it, but it does not take.  How do I get it to follow thru?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies