kunzh

I already filed my return and elected to mail it rather than e-file. Then, I realized that I need to amend it before mailing. How do I do this?

AmyW

If you want make changes to a tax return that hasn't yet been filed and is showing "Ready to mail", follow the steps below:
  • Sign into your TurboTax online account
  • Go to your Tax Timeline
  • Under Some things you can do, click Add a state (You will not really be adding a state, but this will take you back to your 2016 tax return to make changes)

If you have not set it to file by mail, then you can just click Take me to my return from the main landing page to make changes to your tax return. 
nicolsons

I filed my taxes on my phone and was not given option to efile. Now I want to change and efile. How do I do this as system wont let me open my tax file