jaclyn352017

How will I recieve my stimulus money

ColeenD3

How will I recieve my stimulus money

Will I get my stimulus as a direct deposit or as a paper check?

Here's how it works:

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return with the IRS, and at least one of those returns had a refund which was direct-deposited, the IRS will deposit your stimulus payment into that account (if it's closed, you'll get a check instead.)

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return and neither one had a refund coming, the IRS will mail you a stimulus check. The same holds true if these returns had a refund which was sent as a check.

In other words, if you requested a direct-deposited refund on at least one return in the past two years – 2018 or 2019 – your stimulus will be direct-deposited into that account (assuming it's still valid), and if not, you'll get a check. This cannot be changed.

jaclyn352017

How will I recieve my stimulus money

So if I files through turbo tax and my money was deposited on a turbo tax card that's how I will receive the stimulus 

CatinaT1

How will I recieve my stimulus money

The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com for assistance by logging in to their account, or using the Self Help available.