QueenDivaDoll

How to update my direct deposit info

I filed my daughter's taxes on turbo tax for her. At the time she did not have direct deposit. Now she has direct deposit and would like to add her information. How does she do that? 

LinaJ2020

How to update my direct deposit info

If you are referring to receiving the stimulus check, please wait.  You will not be adding the information through TurboTax.

Per IRS, in the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.  Stay tuned! 

For Q&A from the IRS, click here: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

@QueenDivaDoll

jonathantiptonmeyers

How to update my direct deposit info

I filed for 2019 and owe a small amount. My Direct Deposit info needs to be updated as that account was closed due to fraud breach. Anyone know how I can simply update the information?

How to update my direct deposit info

@jonathantiptonmeyers Sorry--you can't.

Once a return has been accepted by the IRS you cannot change how you want to receive your refund or change your banking information.

If the banking information you entered is not going to work as a means of payment to the IRS then pay a different way.

If you have federal tax due you can pay by mailing your payment with the 1040V voucher, having the payment taken out of a designated bank account, or you can pay directly on the IRS website.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay

MinhT1

How to update my direct deposit info

When your stimulus payment is approved by the IRS, you will be given an opportunity to update your bank information for direct deposit through this IRS portal.