Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to I access my 2017 taxes I’ve paid for on TurboTax prior to filing my 2018 taxes that are not yet complete?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How to I access my 2017 taxes I’ve paid for on TurboTax prior to filing my 2018 taxes that are not yet complete?

You should be able to log on to your account and select the 2017 tax year.  If you filed more that one state return though TurboTax will ask you to pay again for the extra state forms.  This has been an issue for me that is currently being resolved.

It sounds like you did not start out using the same account and user ID that you used for 2017, or you would have already had access and would have been able to transfer the 2017 information in to 2018 at the beginning.  Now you want to get to your 2017 return?  You say your 2018 return is not yet complete--you could consider starting over using the same account and user ID so that you could transfer 2017 in to 2018  That way you would have the 2017 AGI you are going to need in order to e-file 2018, and your personal information and some of your income information would also transfer in.

.https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535-forgot-your-turbotax-online-user-id-or-password

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3404575-how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-2017-return

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies