turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long will my information be saved on turbotax?

Hi, I have done a lot of work on my returns but do not want to file for a few months.  How long will turbo tax save my info for?  Thank you
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax will automatically save your progress as you work on your return and your information will be stored until the end of filing season, including extensions, so October 16th, 2017 this year.

You can go to My Account -> Save and Sign out and come back when you are ready.  However, please make sure you remember your username as you will want to log in with the same username you have been using (sometimes users have multiple accounts over the years).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TurboTax will automatically save your progress as you work on your return and your information will be stored until the end of filing season, including extensions, so October 16th, 2017 this year.

You can go to My Account -> Save and Sign out and come back when you are ready.  However, please make sure you remember your username as you will want to log in with the same username you have been using (sometimes users have multiple accounts over the years).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies