Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to receive an amended refund

@tbbenard  just because it was "issued" on the 11th, doesn't mean it was mailed on the 11th.  Watch for a plain evelope in the mail over the next week or so. 

@tbbenard Your check was issued on the 11th---and today is only the 13th.    It can take longer than that for the envelope to arrive via the U.S. mail system.   It will come via first class mail without tracking so just keep watching the mailbox.   Open all mail--do not assume anything is junk mail without opening it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How long after amend tax day complete would it take to receive 

@Shaneasm25 It takes the IRS four to six months to process an amended return and send the refund--sometimes longer.

You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Even if it’s say complete when track 

Josephps62
Returning Member

That’s not true my amended return was filed and excepted just like original file

Wow that’s a while !! It only took mine 4 weeks to show up on the where ls my amended return. I would definitely Call and see if they even recieved it .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies