beertax

How long does it take for the IRS to withdraw payment?

According to TurboTax, my federal tax return was accepted on 3/27/2020.  It has a "date of withdrawal" of 3/27/2020 and the IRS has not withdrawn my payment.  I verified my account information and the date of withdrawal are correct in the tax return document from TurboTax.  I checked irs.gov, but it doesn't show my 2019 information, yet.  Are these things delayed because of COVID-19?  Did I somehow miss a step this year?

You have done nothing wrong ... the IRS is only focused on processing  returns with REFUNDS ... all those with balance dues are delayed right now  as they are also trying to get out Stimulus checks with a REDUCED workforce.  

Technically your return & payment is not due until 7/15 so expect the payment to come out anytime up until 7/15.  Just don't spend... pretend it doesn't exist.  

beertax

They withdrew the money earlier this week.  Thanks for your help!