turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for the IRS to withdraw payment?

According to TurboTax, my federal tax return was accepted on 3/27/2020.  It has a "date of withdrawal" of 3/27/2020 and the IRS has not withdrawn my payment.  I verified my account information and the date of withdrawal are correct in the tax return document from TurboTax.  I checked irs.gov, but it doesn't show my 2019 information, yet.  Are these things delayed because of COVID-19?  Did I somehow miss a step this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You have done nothing wrong ... the IRS is only focused on processing  returns with REFUNDS ... all those with balance dues are delayed right now  as they are also trying to get out Stimulus checks with a REDUCED workforce.  

Technically your return & payment is not due until 7/15 so expect the payment to come out anytime up until 7/15.  Just don't spend... pretend it doesn't exist.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You have done nothing wrong ... the IRS is only focused on processing  returns with REFUNDS ... all those with balance dues are delayed right now  as they are also trying to get out Stimulus checks with a REDUCED workforce.  

Technically your return & payment is not due until 7/15 so expect the payment to come out anytime up until 7/15.  Just don't spend... pretend it doesn't exist.  

They withdrew the money earlier this week.  Thanks for your help!

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies