turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long do I have to wait for a paper check if i entered the account number wrong to be deposited?

I didn't not know the account number had one incorrect digit. How long before the IRS sends a check to me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
VickyL

How long do I have to wait for a paper check if i entered the account number wrong to be deposited?

If the bank rejects the transaction, they will send it back to the IRS. At that time, the IRS will send you a paper check instead. The entire process can take about six to eight weeks.

Here is some additional information that may also be helpful.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

When I felt my income tax I use the number from my savings account because that's where they deposit my income tax so I don't understand why they having a problem with sending me my check to my savings because they sent my income tax to my savings so my credit union said that that wasn't the right number but it is because that's the number they used to send my income tax so I'm kind of confused

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies