vivakietzke

How does the stimulus check we will recieve work if we filed through turbo tax? Will it go straight to my account or will it go through turb tax and then to me? And if so Will there be any additional

Some say yes and some say no ... either way until the IRS does something there is NOTHING you can do no matter what answers are on this forum.

OK everyone ... There is NOTHING anyone can do right now to speed up your stimulus payment ... the IRS has millions of payments to issue and the next 2 weeks will be devoted to  DD payments only ... then starting 4/24 the paper checks will start going out along with more DD as info is sent in and people file returns.  Until you have an idea of where you stand you do not know what steps you need to take ... patience will be needed until the IRS portal is functional.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

3 IRS FILERS .jpg