turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I see if my taxes were paid

I paid my taxes through turbo tax but I don’t see the money coming out of my accountv
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

Your only proof is your bank account statement or credit card statement showing the payment coming out.  And Turbo Tax doesn't pay any tax due for you.  Turbo Tax just sends your payment method.   You either put down your bank account number to pull it directly out of your account or you needed to mail in a check. 

When did you file?  Was it Accepted?

I filed on the 18th and it was accepted 

Same here. I E-field 3/10 and its 5/3 and still no withdrawal.. Anyone know what's happening here? Impossible to contact the IRS

Ed108

I also filed on the 18th.  It was accepted.  I then sent a check in the US mail.  The check has not cleared my bank yet.  Too long?

Odd! Hope someone can help us out, I thought the government loved spending our money?

Ed108

Any ideas what we should do now?

I had the same problem.  I got a notice from IRS with a reason saying "no account/unable to locate".  I verified its the exact same account and routing as last year.  It's possible there is a glitch in Turbo Tax where Checking or Savings account type is not marked.  That's my only thought.  I went ahead and paid via IRS direct pay but I'm sure I will get dinged a late charge and interest,,,,,,

rjrossen

How do I see if my taxes got paid? I don`t see it on my account?

rjrossen

I filed onApril 15

Your only proof of payment is your bank account or credit card showing it coming out.  You either had Direct Debit or had to mail in a check.  The cover sheet of instructions should say how you selected to pay it.  

mike0011

I don't know what happened, but my return didn't submit when I thought I filed it.  I noticed like on 4/16.  So, I filed it again (actually for the first time) like on 4/17 or 4/18 or sometime after 4/15.  I owed.  I had put in TurboTax for the IRS to yeet the money I owed when I filed on 4/15.  The IRS still hasn't yeeted the money out of my checking account and it's 5/26.  I wonder if, since I didn't file on time, and the date I stated to have my money yeeted was past, maybe that's what's going on.  I don't know what to do now.

IRS just sent me a note with late fee's look like we should of sent them the check all along.

Through e-file via Turbotax everything was done correctly.  Withdrawl should have been on 04/15/2023 and as of today the account is still not debited.  Should I refile again today?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you have already e-file, you cannot e-file a second return. It would be best to contact the IRS to check on your payment, to ensure they have processed the return yet. If they have not processed the return, they would not have taken the payment. @Stepankira 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies