How do I renter my tax return if need to make some changes

If you want make changes to a tax return that hasn't yet been filed and is showing "Ready to mail", follow the steps below:
  • Sign into your TurboTax online account
  • Go to your Tax Timeline
  • Under Some things you can do, click Add a state (You will not really be adding a state, but this will take you back to your 2016 tax return to make changes)

If you have not set it to file by mail, then you can just click Take me to my return from the main landing page to make changes to your tax return. 

However if you have already filed, then you will want to file an amended tax return if it accepted by the IRS. First, you will want to wait until your tax return is accepted or rejected. If it is rejected, then you can go in and fix the mistake. If accepted, then you will want to wait until your original tax return is processed by the IRS. If you are receiving a refund, you should wait until the check is issued. Amended returns must be filed by mail. 

To amend a 2017 return, follow the steps in the article below (The 2017 amended tax return instructions will be available sometime in late January/Early February):