Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tabsashe

How do I locate the date I filed my taxes last year

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Look at the Postmark Report included in the PDF download.  The report shows the date/time the tax return was e-filed and the date it was accepted.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF) 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Look at the Postmark Report included in the PDF download.  The report shows the date/time the tax return was e-filed and the date it was accepted.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF) 

This solution did not work for me. There is no Postmark Report in the PDF I have saved from TurboTAx Premier for Mac. When I logged to intuit, my filing was not found - I have no idea why.

I filled the Intuit survey. After clicking "send", an error message was displayed that the "ticket is not matching".

Below is what I had replied in the last box of the survey. I had copied it to the clipboard before clicking send. I wanted to share this very disappointing experience with Intuit...

My answer to the previous question: "What do you plan to do next?" is "I will use Google". I won't. Google drove me to this community site. The survey does not offer a choice "Nothing".

I was disappointed that the date I electronically filed my tax return was not included in the PDF created by Turbo Tax. For whatever reason, when I logged to the Intuit site, it could not find my tax filing. I still have the PDF and the software. When I ran the software, it did force me to upgrade Federal and State and reinstall. When I looked at the status of my filing, it says that they have been accepted - but without saying the date. That is very weak.

@paul1958-1 wrote:

This solution did not work for me. There is no Postmark Report in the PDF I have saved from TurboTAx Premier for Mac. When I logged to intuit, my filing was not found - I have no idea why.

I filled the Intuit survey. After clicking "send", an error message was displayed that the "ticket is not matching".

Your post is not clear.  You first say "TurboTax for Mac" which is the CD/download software installed on the Mac so the only files would be saved on your Mac.  Then you say you logged into Intuit which is the online version.   Which is it - online or Mac desktop version?

For Mac desktop then open the .tax2019 data file and use the File -> Save to Pdf and the postmark page should be there if the status is accepted by the IRS.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@paul1958-1 

The answer in this thread is for those using the ONLINE program not the DOWNLOADED version ...

Your return's electronic filing status history records all e-filing activity related to the return, including the Electronic Postmark. You can print it out if needed. 

TurboTax Online

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp  -- enter the Social Security number of the first taxpayer on the return and the ZIP code to retrieve your filing status history.

TurboTax CD/Download software

(Windows) From the TurboTax File menu, select Electronic Filing > Show Electronic Filing Status History.
(Mac) From the TurboTax File menu, select Check E-Filing Status

@macuser_22  and @Critter-3 : you are both correct and been very helpful. Thank you for your replies!

• I had used the downloaded version of TurboTax, not the online version. Google had landed me directly to this thread. I saw the same question that I had, but did not realize the thread was for the online version.
  • Re-saving the file to PDF as described by @macuser_22 worked. A page "Electronic postmark" was added compared to the version that was saved. It makes sense. I will remember to do that next year.

Thank you again to both of you, helping the community. You have solved my issue.

I'm using a Mac and I don't see the post mark date on the PDF. Where exactly is it?

I'm using Turbotax online and I downloaded the PDF, but I don't see the post mark date. Where exactly is it?

If you are looking for the 2023 return postmark you must download a PDF with all the worksheets ...

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2023 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies