Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find my other 2 w-2 tax returns? It told me how much I could get back, I pressed continue and then it disappeared and I cannot find the information Anymore.

The other 2 w-2 I entered are not showing up in my returns or files.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I find my other 2 w-2 tax returns? It told me how much I could get back, I pressed continue and then it disappeared and I cannot find the information Anymore.

No it doesn't work that way.  You have to file all your W2s on the same tax return.  You get the refund or a tax due on your total income, not for each one.  Did you already file the first W2 without the other 2?

You only get one refund or tax due for all your income combined.  The Refund Monitors won't be right until you have entered all your income.  So don't look at it until you are done.

That's common.  It just looks that way because you put them in as separate W2s and saw the tax due change in between them. If it all was on one W2 you would get the same answer. And each job was withholding like it was your only job.

Because you only get one standard deduction no matter how many W2s you put in. Turbo Tax starts out by giving you the Standard Deduction.  You entered more income when you entered the second W2 but you didn't enter more deductions.  And each job only withheld taxes like it was your only job for the year.  You might want to adjust your withholding.  Also as you add more income you might not be getting as many credits as before like the EIC credit.  And it was probably giving you the EIC credit until you went over.

See,   https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/why-did-my-refund-drop-when-i-entered-a-second-w-2/00...

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Are you asking how to view the two W-2 forms you entered? 

Go to 

Wages & Income

Wages and Salaries UPDATE 

The next screen should list the W-2's that have been entered

Click Review or Complete 

Click Edit to view 

@aa93b52b18be

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

All W-2's for 2023 you received are to be entered on only one 2023 tax return.

Did you complete and file the 2023 tax return with only the first W-2 you received?  If so, you will have to amend the 2023 tax return to add the second W-2.

You will have to wait for the IRS to either Accept or Reject your filed federal tax return.
If the return is rejected you can make the necessary changes and e-file again.
If the return is accepted you will have to amend your original tax return. An amended return, Form 1040-X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS if the original tax return was not e-filed. The IRS will take up to 20 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies