omontoya00

How do i file a 1099G after i already filed my taxes i got it today in the mail

ErinH

Since you have already filed you will need to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return. In the meanwhile, do not go in and make any changes to your return.  

• If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes and re-submit your return.  
  • If the IRS accepts your return, you must wait until it has been fully processed and you receive your refund or have paid your balance due to amend. You will need to prepare an amended tax return on a 1040X and mail it in if the new info changes your refund or tax due amount. You cannot e-file an amended return.  They have to be mailed, and it takes up to 16 weeks for the IRS to process an amended return. 3 weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site. Amendment instructions can be found here when they become available for 2017 (early february):  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

For more information on situations that require and amendment please see this FAQ: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3318732

KussKuss22

What do I do If I filed my taxes already and forgot to add my 1099G

ReneeM7122

If you missed adding Form 1099G to your tax return which was already filed and accepted, then you'll need to amend it.

Here is what to do:

How do I amend my 2020 return?

IRS Form 1040-X (amend your return) will be ready on March 25, 2021. Sign up for email notification and we'll let you know when the most current form is available.

When you're ready to amend, find your situation below and follow the instructions.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax CD/Download

@KussKuss22