turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I edit the state return after completing and printing? I haven't filed and I see a mistake. When I click "start over" it still uses the original incorrect info.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I edit the state return after completing and printing? I haven't filed and I see a mistake. When I click "start over" it still uses the original incorrect info.

Here are the steps to review your return to make corrections. 

1. Open your return if it's not already open.   

2. On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.   

3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.   

4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.   

5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.    

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks. I know how to PRINT my forms, I want to CHANGE my state return - I found errors that need to be fixed. 

@crs320firstcrown wrote:

Thanks. I know how to PRINT my forms, I want to CHANGE my state return - I found errors that need to be fixed. 

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.  Click on State on the left side of the screen.  Then you can make any changes needed on the state tax return.

When I follow these instructions I have the option to EDIT the return or START OVER. I've tried both, multiple times, and in both cases it uses the information I've already entered and won't let me access the input I need to change. What I ultimately did was download the form that needs fixing from the state website and complete it manually, and that's the one I'll include with my return. Not ideal, but the data on the form doesn't affect the rest of the return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies