Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

052998jc

How do I edit an entry

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

How do I edit an entry

Can you please narrow it down any?   TurboTax has a lot of places where an entry is required.   What particular entry do you want to change?

Is your return still in preparation, or have you already filed?

How do I edit an entry

I am trying to complete my return. I want to review and edit "sale of a rental property" in that portion of my wages and income

How do I edit an entry

@ kathycostello4326 wrote:

I am trying to complete my return. I want to review and edit "sale of a rental property" in that portion of my wages and income

@ kathycostello4326 

You didn't say if you are using Online TurboTax or the desktop software (CD/download).   So I chose one.  This answer assumes you are using Online TurboTax (web version).   If you are using desktop software (CD/download), then you need to say so, since navigation is different from what I described below.   I have a 50-50 chance.  😁

Where is the roadblock?  What is keeping you from reviewing/editing the sale of your rental property?   Or do you just need to know how to navigate back there?   Here's how to get there:

When you log in and arrive at the Tax Home, click the button "Take me to my return" to continue the interview.   Or does TurboTax think you are finished, and you don't know how to open the return interview back up?   If that's the case, if there is no "take me to my return button", then at the Tax Home click on "Add a State".   That doesn't really add one, but it opens the interview back up if TurboTax thinks you were finished.

Once the return is open, it may show a summary page titled "Your income and expenses."  If it does, then scroll down to the category "Sale of Business Property" and click the EDIT button to get back to the interview for sales of rental property.

When you open the return, if it does not show that summary "Your income and expenses", you can click the Federal tab, then click the subtab at the top that says "Income and Expenses", and that should show the Summary where you can scroll down and proceed as I mentioned above.

Or if needed, here's another way to get to the sale of rental property section:

In the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.  In the Tools window click on  the blue Topic Search button.    In the search line enter sale of rental property without quotes.   Highlight the selection and click GO.

If you continue to have problems navigating or have questions on reporting the sale of rental property, we can ask someone familiar with that topic to assist you.

How do I edit an entry

I typed an incorrect number in the mortgage interest for schedule A.   I cannot return to the entry page to correct it.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

How do I edit an entry

You can go back through your 1098 and edit your mortgage interest entries by - 

• Open or continue your return, if you haven’t already
  • Locate the search bar in the upper right of your screen, and search for 1098
  • Select the Jump to link at the top of the search results
  • Click on Edit next to your lender name and go through the screens and edit. 

@wfm2T

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I edit an entry

That worked.  I really dislike the many "jumps" you have to go through to navigate Turbotax.  I've actually closed tax returns without saving them so I can start over and find what they've hidden.  It is not user friendly.

How do I edit an entry

I did my taxes in January and everything got accepted but I still haven’t gotten my refund it’s been over 10 weeks what the beep is going on. 

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

How do I edit an entry

Since your tax refund is taking longer than the typical 21 days to receive, see this FAQ regarding What to do if it's been over 21 days.

@Keyrilopez777

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies