How do I change my banking information I put in th...

davidbushnelljr

How do I change my banking information I put in the wrong information

LenaH

If you haven't filed yet, you can still change your bank account info for direct deposit. However, in most cases, once the IRS has accepted your return (or you've already mailed it), there's not much you can do.

If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check.

If you entered a valid (but incorrect) account number not belonging to you, usually there's nothing to worry about, as many banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where names don't match up. You can try calling the IRS to stop the direct deposit, if your return hasn't posted to their system yet (and you're willing to get your refund via paper check). For security reasons, the IRS cannot re-route your refund to a different account.

On filed returns in pending status, wait until it's either accepted or rejected before taking action. If rejected, you can update your account and any issues that caused the rejection. Open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return.

davidbushnelljr

how will I know if my federal taxes was rejected by the bank like my state was?

SForrestLO

@davidbushnelljr 

If you chose to have your fees deducted, you can check with Santa Barbara Tax Products Group. If they are not able to deposit your refund, you can contact them to have it re-routed before they send it back to the IRS. 

Santa Barbara Bank

You can contact SBTPG toll-free at 1-877-908-7228