Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change direct deposit bank account information. If the information provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check.
Now, if your recently e-filed return is in pending status, wait to see if it is either accepted or rejected.
- If rejected, open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return with any applicable corrected information.
- If accepted, you'll get your refund check in the mail or will be direct deposited if a valid bank account was listed when you filed.
If you have not e-filed or mailed your tax return already you can change the bank account information, go to the "File" section to make the change:
- Login to TurboTax and go into your tax timeline, select the File tab.
- There are three steps listed. Click on Start/Revisit next to Step 2.
- You'll have the choice for in my bank for direct deposit or paper check to receive in the mail, make sure the I want my refund deposited into this account box is unchecked.
- Select direct deposit, correct the information and then click continue at the bottom.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I put the wrong routing number in the turbotax system, but have not mailed the tax return yet. I put the right Account Number though.
can I fix the routing number now before I mail the return.??? how do I do that?