turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ksrains

How do I amend my return to correct that I was charged on a 529 distribution? I can't figure out how to correct the TT error?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I amend my return to correct that I was charged on a 529 distribution? I can't figure out how to correct the TT error?

Ok ... after you start the amendment process return to the Deductions & Credits tab and edit the education credit ... to make the 529 plan distribution non taxable the amount of education expenses must match or exceed that 1099-Q amount.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7276601

ksrains

Thank you for your response and I have seen this response before, but TT isn't allowing me to get to those education credits.  I don't know if I'm missing where to  look or what, but I don't see them.  Are you able to provide screen shots?  I know the amount of tax due after I was given an error in review and had to go back to this area, but now I can't get there.  Thanks,
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies