dougj2352

How do I amend a state return that has been corrected by my state tax authority?

After accepting my state tax return, the state tax authority determined that I mistakenly listed an estimated payment that was not made for the 2020 tax year but was made in the previous tax year (2019). They sent a refund based upon the correct estimated amount that I had actually paid for the 2020 tax year without requesting an amended return to date. I'd like to correct my 2020 TurboTax return that's on my computer so that the information is correct when I transfer when doing next year's return. Is that possible? How should I correct and save?

fanfare

Did you itemize on 2020 tax return?

If no, don't bother with this task.

Your state  refund won't impact the 2021 return.

dougj2352

I do itemize. Update: my tax authority says no action is needed on my part but I would like to correct the error so it will not effect data transfer on next year's return.