msmarilou1

How do I add someone for the IRS to discuss my return with

DonnaLO

For help from a Tax Expert:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-get-turbotax-live/00/27305

Do you mean to enter a Third Party Designee  at the bottom of your tax return above your signature?

That is not available in the Online versions. You can only enter a 3rd Party Designee in the Desktop program using the Forms mode. You have to switch to Forms mode (click Forms in the upper right (left for Mac)) and select the Info Wks. Scroll down until you get to the Third Party designee: section. Check the YES box and then you can fill in the name, phone number and any 5 numbers for the PIN.

stilllearningtaxes

I am in the form, TurboTax will not allow me to check the yes box, or delete the X in the no box.  I cannot change any information.  How do I bypass this?  I want to list a designee.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stilllearningtaxes Try deleting your browser's cookies. Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ regarding  How to delete cookies! If that doesn't work try using a different browser all together. 

stilllearningtaxes

Thanks, @Anonymous I'm in the downloaded application, so it's not the browser.  I went out of the forms view, went back in and clicked on the boxes several times, suddenly a slightly different view of the same form popped up and I was able to edit.  I appreciate the response!