Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I access the forms I used to do my taxes for 2022? We received a CP2000, so is this for 2021 income or 2022?

I do have the filed final 2022 tax file and all my documents.  I just need to see what I input against what they say is wrong.  Help!
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I access the forms I used to do my taxes for 2022? We received a CP2000, so is this for 2021 income or 2022?

How to Access prior year online returns
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

If you can't get the side menus to open up to access the prior year..... You need to start entering some basic Personal Info in 2023 for the side menu to open up. Just continue a little ways into 2023. I had to go though about 12 screens.

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online. 

If you want to see your actual entries.......

You would have to download the .tax2022 data file and install the 2022 Desktop program to open it to see the actual entries.  If you paid for Online you can ask for the Desktop program.   You can download the tax file for free.  Then you need to install the Desktop program.  But they only have the Desktop download program for the last 3 years.

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

If you didn't pay for the Online version you will have to buy the Desktop program download.  You can buy the last 3 years of Turbo Tax here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You will need a full Windows or Mac to install it on.

Save the tax file

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data-...

@ dudleydoright1 wrote:  We received a CP2000, so is this for 2021 income or 2022?

There should be several places on the CP2000 pages that state what the tax year in question is.  Here are some places to look:

On page 1, for instance, in the top right corner there should be an entry for "Tax Year."   Lower on that main page, just above the heading "Proposed Amount Due", you normally would see a sentence (smaller and fainter) that says "We are proposing changes to your YYYY (tax year) Form 1040 tax return."

Usually on page 3 of the letter there is a chart with a heading that says "Changes to your YYYY Form 1040 return", and the chart shows the difference between item(s) of your return and the IRS figures.  Then after that section, there is one called "Explanation of changes to your YYYY Form 1040 return."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies