Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dehamm32

Myrefund status says it is delayed and gives reference number 1541 am I ok? but doesn't say to contact the irs

@Thor no it won't update today as it's a federal Holiday!
dehamm32

Myrefund status says it is delayed and gives reference number 1541 am I ok? but doesn't say to contact the irs

For everyone getting the 1541, this code is a delay code. I was informed on Friday the 15th that any returns with EIC or Child Tax credit are all being withheld due to the PATH ACT. The last update that the customer service reps have been given is that the IRS will begin to release funds on the 27th of FEB. Now I have also heard the 23rd but that's a Saturday so I don't see how it could be released on that date. If anything we could see it on the 22nd because normally it is direct deposited on Fridays. So all we can do is hope and pray that we all get a date in a few days if not just have a deposit and then the WMR will update after the fact. I know last year mine was deposited before I saw a date on WMR. **crossing fingers"

Thanks

How did you speak to someone

Call tomorrow
dehamm32

@aperylanthony I called them Friday and spoke to an agent You're welcome to call them today they are open from 7-7 but I didn't get many answers after holding for 30 mins, other then you just have to wait.

As of 5:13 AM still no update to 1541, will call by 7AM if not updated by 6AM.

As of 6:07AM still at 1541, will be calling them at 7AM. Will give updates after I call them.....

I just wanted to let everyone know I tried calling. I could not connect to anyone as they were extremely busy. I will try again after work.

UPDATE: just talked to someone and he informed me I was under review and I wouldn’t be getting my taxes until after april 18th. I have no problem with the review cause I have all my W-2s but April???? I’m very upset

Mine says take action reference code 1541 can’t get anyone because lines are so busy.Accepted 1/28.I was under review last year as well with no codes received refund 2nd week of March.Hopefully I’ll have better news this year

I called again and I spoke to a different guy and he said March 12th which isn’t bad but my mom is getting hers Friday

@tyauna1209 What number are you calling? Evertine I try to call, I get a message saying call back tomorrow.....

I called the regular number 1st thing this morning

I called just now and used ext 462.Total calls including hold took 22 mins.Earliest date possible for claiming ACTC and EIC is 2/27 but I’m under review so he informed me if I didn’t see DD by April 17th to call back but hopefully I’ll see mine way before then.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies