turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Myrefund status says it is delayed and gives reference number 1541 am I ok? but doesn't say to contact the irs

The 1541 doesn’t mean anything is wrong they told me that it’s just a delay in processing as it is a lot to process. Mine was updated today. You don’t have to verify your identity unless the site or app tells you to take action and do so. I hope all issues are resolved soon. It is a Sunday so maybe you all will see updates tomorrow!

Myrefund status says it is delayed and gives reference number 1541 am I ok? but doesn't say to contact the irs

I also filed on the 28th of January.

Of course this would happen on a holiday weekend 😕

Mine says take action on the irs website with the 1541 message.. but on the app it's just the 1541 message argh haha. Turbo tax said my return looked okay so I'm at loss

I filed 1/13 accepted 1/15 had the one bar, then on 1/17 it gave me the 9001 message, then 2/9 gave me the 1541 message and still have the same take action message since 2/9 and I see some people has a ddd of 2/22. Could anyone answer what this could be?

@alharr94 Did you ever call the IRS? I have had that 1541 code since yesterday. very frustrating.....

Yes on 2/13 and had to a identity verification and said to wait up to 45 days for my refund

@alharr94 Interesting. I wonder if they will make me do that. My taxes have been the same for years, even with the child credits. I will try calling on Tuesday.

I will most definitely

As of 6:43 this morning still at Code 1541. I wonder if there was no update because of the holiday? If no changes happen tomorrow morning I will have to call them.

I'm wondering the same thing I was accepted on 1 24 19 very much frustrating

I do know that some people only update weekly
I'm guessing that I will update Tuesday morning being today is President day who knows?

@Thor I hope it updates tomorrow. I have never had this delay before. I filed on 1/28, and was accepted the same day.

@dpreston387 I hope it does too, otherwise I'm calling.

Does the IRS WMR update on Pres day
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies