Myrefund status says it is delayed and gives reference number 1541 am I ok? but doesn't say to contact the irs

Mine says the same, filed 1/22, accepted 1/23. This is the first year I filed HOH and claimed the EITC. So I'm assuming it's because of that. Doesn't tell me to call, just says *IF* I need additional information to call and reference 1541.

Did it say take action to

Nope. It says, " There is a delay in processing your tax return. If you have any questions or need additional information, please have the following on hand..... Please mention reference number 1541 to the IRS customer service representative." Then shows IRS hours, phone number, and ext 312.

Nothing says take action or other code, so I'm hoping it's just because I claimed eitc.

Mine said take action, but I called and got a very nice IRS lady that said she had already had 40 calls with that code she checked all my info and just verified that its was because of EIC or ACTC and it should update on Friday the 15th.

IRS lady went thru the verification process with me and to wait 45 days for my refund

mine said the same topic 1541 take action dude at IRS said cause ECI  and should update 19th we will see

I called last Monday the 11th and they told me it would update the 15th overnight, I hope I wake up to see the change. Last week on Saturday is when it changed to the 1541 message.

Blopez8292, that's when I think everyone changed but my co workers didn't get that message, they got the PATH ACT message and my cousin message was different from.

Any updates? I woke to that message today

I woke up to that message as well. Go figure, on a holiday weekend.....Any updates?

Me too says action needed call im mad as f fr goverment on some bs like always wonder y ppl do shootings in the world

Y the fuck we gotta wait cuz of them 45 days r fucking money we worked all yr for gtfo here i vote for another goverment shut down so them bastards can see what it like not havin money waiting get paid

There is a bunch of people with the code so maybe they are just over booked