Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I stop the filing and/or the bank transfer? I electronically filed my state return in error, they are going to take a payment out of my bank account.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

How can I stop the filing and/or the bank transfer? I electronically filed my state return in error, they are going to take a payment out of my bank account.

Once you have transmitted your return, you cannot stop the processing, nor can TurboTax, as we don't have access to it either before or after you've transmitted.  If your return has not been accepted, there is a chance it will be rejected and the bank draft will not occur.  If your return is accepted by the state, the only way to stop the bank draft would be to contact your state's department of revenue and request a change of payment method.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Once you have transmitted your return, you cannot stop the processing, nor can TurboTax, as we don't have access to it either before or after you've transmitted.  If your return has not been accepted, there is a chance it will be rejected and the bank draft will not occur.  If your return is accepted by the state, the only way to stop the bank draft would be to contact your state's department of revenue and request a change of payment method.

Thanks for the quick response!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies