quin0517

How can I receive a refund for being charged for combining my state and federal taxes all in one if they still sent both checks to me separately.

There is no such fee to combine the fed & state refunds into ONE payment  ... TT cannot do this because each return is processed by totally separate taxing authorities and they  never interact ever.  

STATE AND FEDERAL REFUNDS DO NOT ARRIVE TOGETHER

You misunderstood.  You did not pay for your federal and state refunds to arrive together.  You may have paid the "refund processing fee" to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund, but that did not mean you would get federal and state refunds simultaneously.  Federal and state refunds come from two completely separate entities; it is not possible to coordinate their arrival together.