Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

quin0517

How can I receive a refund for being charged for combining my state and federal taxes all in one if they still sent both checks to me separately.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can I receive a refund for being charged for combining my state and federal taxes all in one if they still sent both checks to me separately.

There is no such fee to combine the fed & state refunds into ONE payment  ... TT cannot do this because each return is processed by totally separate taxing authorities and they  never interact ever.  

STATE AND FEDERAL REFUNDS DO NOT ARRIVE TOGETHER

You misunderstood.  You did not pay for your federal and state refunds to arrive together.  You may have paid the "refund processing fee" to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund, but that did not mean you would get federal and state refunds simultaneously.  Federal and state refunds come from two completely separate entities; it is not possible to coordinate their arrival together.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies