turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HOW CAN I FIND OUT HOW MANY E-FILES DO I HAVE LEFT?

I have the same problem as the original poster.

Champ, your answer is pretentious and assuming. There are many reasons one needs to know how many licenses are left while doing nothing illegal.

I purchased a TT Deluxe, gave it to my sister, and I said, "you can share it with anyone who needs it" (after all I paid for it, filed my return and I have a few extra filings left, so I don't care!) But now, someone was asking me if she can use it, but before I gave it to her, I want to know how many people have actually used it and if it has hit the limit for the license. If it has extra filings left, it's up to me to give her a Federal filing under my expense since I bought it legally.

So again, to restate/paraphrase the original question: 

HOW can I find out how many E-Files have been filed under my license code and how many E-Files I have left in my license?

Thank you and any feedback from others would be appreciated.

Don't think there is anyway to know that.  And you can NOT share the program.  You can only install it on computers that you own.

You can install Turbo Tax on 5 computers you own. See End User License Agreement, Section B Additional Terms #2 Supplemental License
https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/desktop.jsp

jaydee2

In the Canadian version - Go to Help ->> Purchase More Returns.  This pops up a new page.  At the bottom there is a link:

Capture.PNG

The Canada versions are totally different and separate from the US versions.  No comparison.  

aresavatar
Returning Member

A previous poster had it right.  Open the program, and you will see on the home screen a list of the tax returns you already started.  Each is in a rectangle.  At the top of each rectangle is a little picture.  It shows an E-file oval if you E-filed that return.  Under the picture is the return year and name, then the status.  The status will say, "Status: Check E-file Status Now" if you E-filed that return.  If you didn't it will say something else like, "Status: Return Printed for Filing".  Just count the number that say, "Status: Check E-file Status Now" and you will know how many were already E-filed.

goprea

Go to "Help" on any TurboTax return, then "Purchase more Returns" and then at the bottom you will see "Click here to see how many returns you've used on your current Turbo Tax licence before you buy" 

It will give you the info, but does not differentiate between NETFILE returns or the ones you printed to mail - it gives you only the totals per categories (above and below 25k income)

@goprea "Netfile?"  

CANADA  This is the U.S. TurboTax public user forum. For help with Canadian taxes, please post your question in the Canada TurboTax user forum., at the following link.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/turbotax-support/help/03/en-cahttps://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-software/index.jsp

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Why choose to give advice if you cant take it when someone tells you the truth.  You DID NOT answer the original question and you have been rude, sarcastic and disrespectful.  You practically accused that of stealing the program.  Everyone deserves respect and your insults reflect negatively on you, maybe you don't know the answer so you choose to insult and be-little.  Reading your crappy responses to the question is truly cause for a new advisor.  You suck!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies