Solved: How can I file a "Superseded" (individial) return? Can it be filed electronically? I filed my return two weeks ago but need to change it before the tax filing deadline.

rayjackray

How can I file a "Superseded" (individial) return? Can it be filed electronically? I filed my return two weeks ago but need to change it before the tax filing deadline.

kerriP

I think you mean amended.  Once your original tax return is processed 2-3 weeks, you can file an amended tax return.  There is no charge to amend with Turbo Tax if that is what you used for your original return.  BUT you have to print the amended return and mail to the IRS.  amend 2017

kerriP

rayjackray

No, I do indeed mean "Superseded" or "Superseding"
fanfare

that's not possible for form 1040 Individual Tax Return. Once your original return is filed, you can add or correct information by filing Form 1040X. That's the only way. Form1040X reflects the differences between your original return and your true return.
Form 1040X becomes your new tax return.
pjkcpa2

A superseded return is different than an amended return and may be filed before the original deadline.  Supreme court decision Haggar v. Helvering.     It must be filed on original forms, noted as a superseded return, and must be received by the IRS prior to the original tax deadline.  Can't do it electronically.  
dpc424

Is a 'Superseding Return" mailed to the same IRS address as an original return?